Recipes — Marinades & Tips
Marinade For Poultry, Pork, or Venison
- 1/4 cup fresh, Louisburg Apple Cider
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
Combine all ingredients. Coat meat with this mixture. Marinate at least an hour, or overnight is even better!
Marinade For Salmon
- 3/4 cup Fresh, Louisburg Apple Cider
- 6 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 large Clove Garlic
Combine Cider and Soy Sauce. Bring to a boil and simmer 3 minutes. Add Butter and Garlic. Cook until sauce thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon (about 20 minutes). Place Salmon on baking pan, skin side down, and coat.
Cider Basting For Turkey
We have used this to baste a whole turkey or a turkey breast when baking and also to moisten turkey stuffing:
Warm 1/2 cup butter in pan. Add:
- 1 cup Louisburg Cider
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
- Flavor all with a bit of Crushed Basil
Cook over low heat until well dissolved.
Try Cider Instead of Water
- Try soaking beans or rice overnight in Louisburg Cider, instead of water.
- Baste meats with Louisburg Cider, in place of water or wine, in your basting recipe.
- When making apple pie, use Louisburg Cider, instead of water in your crust recipe.
- Our Apple Cider is Great for Enhancing your BBQ Sauces!